Sunday, August 24, 2008

Loch Norris

I'm so glad that Amy convinced me to go the the lake yesterday. She had to twist my arm, let me tell you! The only reason I was hesitant to go is that I am going out on the lake today with my bosses. Trouble is, it's a different lake, or else I could have camped with everyone up at Norris. (The lake is in fact named for Chuck Norris. While visiting the area, he did a series of well placed roundhouse kicks, and voila, a lake! He did the same in 1811 creating Reelfoot Lake, though he went a bit overboard and so everyone thought it was an earthquake Wikipedia. Reelfoot is one of Chuck Norris's Native American names.)

Since I thought it would be best not to wear myself out on saturday to the point I wouldn't have any fun today, I decided to tag along with Heather and Mike (the Girl). They were going to go work at Sam's for a bit (in Joey's stead, handing out brochures and trying to sell sunrooms), and then head off to the lake. Heather ended up not going to bed until 6:30 in the AM, so Mike went to Sam's by her lonesome. Sadly, Mike decided to stay at Sam's and not join us at the lake, but she did drop by and have lunch at the house before I went off to the lake.

Mike went back to work, and I decided to give Heather a call since it was nearing 3 o'clock. I believe I woke her up, but she denied it. I went and picked her up, and we were off to the lake! The e-mail Joey sent out said to call when we arrived so they could come pick us up in the boat and take us to the island they were camping at. We called when we were about 4 miles away, no answer. We got there and decided to call again, but neither I nor Heather had any reception. Well crap. I started driving really slowly, trying to look for anyone I knew when lo and behold my phone rang! It was Travis calling to see when I'd be arriving. What impeccable timing! It turned out that Joey, Travis, Morgan, and a few others had docked for a little bit while Jon and a new dancer, Josh, went to get some burgers. So we found a parking spot and hopped aboard!

Joey took us back to the island to drop people off, and Jon took us back out on the lake to do some tubing. Morgan and I went first, and unfortunately for Morgan, I made a crack at Jon. He was out for revenge, and she got caught in the line of fire. We were getting flung about left and right, even up and down! Silly me made another crack at Jon, so he had another score to settle. That next run was even more intense than the first. I'd say it was warranted after what I said, but poor Morgan. Heather and Morgan swapped out, then she and I got flung about for a bit. It was on one of these subsequent runs that Jon accomplished a great achievement, he managed to make Heather and myself lose our shorts/bottoms! Luckily I planned for such an eventuality and wore my speedo shorts underneath my trunks. Heather did not. Neither of us fully lost them, they are still in our possession, however they were no longer on our persons. It was particularly funny when mine flew off. I had just been flung from the tube and they had managed to tangle around my ankles. I got back to the tube and, in frustration, flung my trunks up onto it. Everyone got a kick out of that. Not only had they fallen off, they had managed to get turned inside out and all sorts of convoluted. Needless to say, Jon was very pleased with himself. I tried for one more go and quickly fell off again. Heather managed to stay on, and while she was being flung about, her bottoms came off! Needless to say, Jon was even more pleased with himself. I went solo for a bit, and as Jon was heading back to the island, the tube decided to go underwater! I was thoroughly flabbergasted! I was certain those things were designed to stay above water, I may need to have a word with whoever made that thing.

1 comment:

Amy Sun said...

Good lord, man, update! :-P