Sunday I woke up excited about the day to come. My bosses were taking me and my coworkers out on the lake! That made two days in a row. I didn't really want to go alone, since I knew Bernadette would bring Orin, and I thought Danielle might bring a friend as well. So there I lay in bed trying to figure out who to invite on such short notice when a lightbulb went off above my head. After I turned the lights on, it hit me, I should call Mike! So I did, and so she joined me and the work crew out on the lake. I was sad that she couldn't make it out on Saturday, so it worked out nicely that she could come along on Sun. We all tried out hand at wakeboarding, and man that is tough! I swear I tried a dozen times before I was able to actually stand up. And even then I didn't manage avoid faceplanting for very long. But it was fantastically fun, even though I faceplanted so hard I couldn't see straight once or twice.
We spent quite a while on the water letting everyone take turns trying to wakeboard, but I think we spent just about as much time just boating around. I really enjoyed that almost as much. It was so great just going along with the wind blowing in my face. Every now and then the boat would hit a series of waves and it felt like we were riding on horses.
We go out and have dinner at a place on the lake, and I get a delectable steak. Afterward, we head back to dock, watch a guy play the guitar for a bit, and then we part ways.
[edit: I forgot to actually post this or accidentally hit save now, ooops! I've been dying to go back on the water ever since. And I forgot to mention in the post that every now and then I'd turn and look at Mike and she'd have the most amazingly joyful smile on her face. :-) ]
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment