Next thing I remember is being in the cop car driving around. I seem to remember it being unlocked, and that my car key started it. So then I drove around for some amount of time, and forgot that I was driving a cop car. I went up this little hill access/back road thing (probably to the same shopping center) I couldn't turn around at the top so I had to back down. It was a one lane ramp type thing with steep drop offs on both sides. At the top, it curved to the right and then went straight down to the next leve. It had a guard rail on the left and a large green dumpster on the right. (I don't usually remember dreams, yet alone as vividly as this, so I'm taking advantage of it). I was backing up and notice that two cars in a row were trying to come up at the same time. There as clearly no way for us all to make it, and the guy in front didn't seem to notice me. (My entire body was facing backwards [direction of motion] while I was backing up, because it was briefly confused as to why the window was so far way).
Oh, at this point I realized that my brakes weren't working properly so I couldn't just stop the car. If you've ever waited too long to change your brakes, that's what I'm talking about. I was putting all my weight into it but they just wouldn't catch. So I had two options to avoid hitting this man. To my right was a drop off that would land me next to the dumpster (upon retrospect that is a poor placement for a dumpster, well really a poorly designed road/ramp, but such are dreams I suppose) or to my left was a gap in the guard railing. I wanted to go to the left, but because I was going backwards I ended up going to the right. (This illustrates my inability to convert left and right in my head. I realize that sounds silly, but I really have to concentrate to come up with my right = your left). So guy finally saw me and swerved as well. But he went to the right instead (his left) and so we were going to collide when, for some reason, my car flipped over his, landed on its side, and tipped back over to land on all four wheels. (It didn't flip, per se, because it didn't actually make any revolutions it more or less just jumped...yay dream physics).
I, exasperated that I should have this happen, get out to talk to the guy. We look at my car (because I have forgotten that it's a cop car by this point) and it hits me that I'm driving a cop car. Guy doesn't seem to think anything of a guy, who looks very un-coplike, driving a cop car. We look around the car and see that there isn't really much damage at all. He says something to the effect of, "Nothing you wouldn't see in a standard fender bender." Luckily his car is unscathed, because I realize at this point that the cop whose car this is wouldn't appreciate me driving it around for one and definitely not like me wrecking it. I'm quite happy that this man lets me leave without having to report the incident. It's then that I decide to avoid cops if at all possible. Then I drive to Gatlinburg apparently but somehow it's still in Knoxville. To go back home in Gburg I have to pass by some city offices and what not where cops are want to hang out. I drive down and see another cop car, so I drive and do a u-turn to go somewhere else when another cop car comes down the road and passes me. I lean my head down so my hat hides my eyes (I can't see you, you can't see me right?). Once he's passed I look back and see both cars behind me and wanting me to get out of the car. It's here that I wake up.
I enjoy analyzing dreams, and I have some ideas on this one, but I'll have to come back to it another day.
So I'm trying to make this blog a positive one. I think it's good for me, and really everyone, to try to put a positive spin on things. But some things are much harder to reassess in a good light.
Truckers = Bad
I realize this is an overarching statement, but there is always a grain of truth in them. I seem to have a propensity for attracting the bad truckers. I was driving back from east town mall (it'll never be Knoxville Center to me) when a truck comes flying up on my right. I was driving in the middle lane and he in the slow lane. There was a car in front of him and lo and behold he decided to try to pass him. Unfortunately I was directly to his left, fortunately he saw that fact before coming over too far into my lane, because he certainly did come over before looking. I was going somewhat faster than the car in front of him, so he swerved behind me and started riding my tail. When I didn't go fast enough for him, he put on his brights and kept them on. So it was lit up like christmas in my car. I realize now that I could have just gotten over in the fast lane to let him pass, but I didn't. And wouldn't that kind of be validating his behavior? By letting him bully me wouldn't that have told him that it's ok to bully other cars on the road? Either way this went on for a little while because traffic wouldn't let him around me. There finally ends up being space for him so he zips into the slow lane and zooms away. All this right after we pass a cop, which while the cop could see, the trucker wasn't doing anything. Off in the distance I see the trucker swerving through traffic and curse him few times.
This is hardly the first time this has happened, nor do I think it will be the last. I have a feeling it boils down to my unwillingness to be pushed around.
Hmmm, so I guess I'm getting a lot of experience dealing with bad drivers on the road. That's good practice, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment