Yesterday (Sunday) morning, I oversleep and wake up just in time to call Amy about meeting up for our bicycle outing. Luckily she did the same so I got to read a bit before I headed out to pick her up. 10 o'clock rolls around, and I roll into her apartment complex. We make it down to the greenway, and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! It's nice and sunny, there's a nice breeze to keep the heat at bay, and really just all around perfect for a bike ride. We bike a few miles down to Tyson park where we took a break and chatted for a while. It was one of those fun conversations that just winds its way from topic to topic. After we got rested, and I had a few yogurt covered raisins, we made our way back to the car. Along the way, we decided that we really don't care for the hills on that half of the greenway.
I dropped Amy off at her place and then headed back to my apartment. I didn't really do much of anything aside from laundry. Oh, I did cook myself some chicken and pasta. I've put together this fantastic marinade for the chicken, and I'm working on getting the rest of the dish to taste as wonderful.
Today, I biked in to work. I really enjoy doing that, so I'm hoping I get to do it more often. Work went well, nothing terribly exciting. After work I biked over to Amelia's place to help her load up a Uhaul. It turns out that she was informed by our friend that I am her transition fairy. That sounds quite silly, but to some degree it's true. I rarely see Amelia, and when I do, it usually involves me moving her and/or her furniture. We've decided that I'll randomly call her while she's living in her new place and she'll be moving, and that I'll just happen to be in the area. Cause that's how we roll.
So I've realized that I take a sick masochistic joy out of helping people move. For one, it's good exercise. For two, it's like a giant game of Tetris (Minus the whole stuff disappearing once it all fits together). I have a fair amount of fun figuring out where to put things. Three, I get to climb around all monkey like in the van. Four: there is almost always free food and beer.
So I still haven't gotten around to filling in the gaps in my blog, but soon maybe.
LOLPOD: As I was driving Amy back to her apartment, we see this cop pulling over some guy. He ended up pulling into the Krispy Kreme. I didn't see, but I'd like to think that the cop went inside briefly after handing the guy his ticket.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment