Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hooters and Walmart

Work went well enough today, nothing terribly exciting. After work is when all the fun began, though. I had a very moving evening, in the emotional sense. Joe, the guy whose computer I work on, and newsletters I make, and his wife received some very bad news recently. She has been diagnosed with lymphatic cancer. So tonight, on their 38th wedding anniversary, he had a ton of people come to pray for her as a surprise to her. It was a wonderful evening, it really meant a lot to the both of them, I could tell, that so many people showed up to offer their support to her. They truly are a wonderful couple of people, I'm very glad to have gotten to know them.

Afterwards, Jon came over and hung out. We were going to go see a movie, but we had no way of getting in free, so we went to hooters instead. We got a pitcher of good beer, asked the waitress her thoughts on nascar racing, ran into an old acquaintance of mine, and then we headed off to wander around the aisles of walmart aimlessly.

All in all, a great evening :D

1 comment:

Amy Sun said...

What an amazingly Southern Friday night you had. Prayer, Hooters and Wal-Mart. Amen.